1. A PREMIUM TECH NIGHT OWL LIVE EXPERIENCE! Welcome to Tech Night Owl+! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Tech Night Owl LIVE and other exclusive content. We now offer a direct RSS feed in The Tech Night Owl+ forums for easy updating of the latest episodes. And don't miss The Tech Night Own Minute! Forum members can subscribe now: https://www.technightowl.com/radio/introducing-tech-night-owl/

Subscribe to The Tech Night Owl Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Any suggestion on video converter for iphone 5?

Discussion in 'Mac Software Discussions' started by moleeda, Sep 25, 2012.

1. moleeda

moleeda Technology Fan

Watching web videos is very interesting, but it is not very convenient to watch them in front of the computer. If I could download my favorite website videos to new iPhone 5, it could not be better, in view of its 4-inch Retina display, 16:9 aspect ratio and 1136 x 640 resolution.
    However, things did not go as I expected. The videos I downloaded cannot be played on iPhone 5, with the prompting that “the video format is not compatible with iPhone 5”. After searching on Google, I found out that I need a video converter thing.
    Facing so many video converters on market, I don’t know how to make a good choice. Do you guys have any ideal about video converters that can really convert videos without any damage to my iPhone 5?
    The cheaper, the better! Thank you! (btw, my computer is based on windows system)

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Writer, editor, talk show host
    Home Page:
    Why not look at the App Store? But if it's a Flash video, prepare to be disappointed, unless you get a Mac or PC-based Flash converter to manually convert the files to be playable on an iPhone.

3. dodoyu

dodoyu Technology Fan

Both Handbrake and Mactheripper can help you.

Besides, you could also think about MacX iPhone DVD Ripper. Its producer is putting it in the giveaway activity and free iPhone 5 is provided as lucky draw.

Hurry up, the activity has time limitation, as far as I know. :cool:

4. moleeda

moleeda Technology Fan

Wow, it is great.
    I cannot help trying it and want to try my fortune :p