1. A PREMIUM TECH NIGHT OWL LIVE EXPERIENCE! Welcome to Tech Night Owl+! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Tech Night Owl LIVE and other exclusive content. We now offer a direct RSS feed in The Tech Night Owl+ forums for easy updating of the latest episodes. And don't miss The Tech Night Own Minute! Forum members can subscribe now: https://www.technightowl.com/radio/introducing-tech-night-owl/

Subscribe to The Tech Night Owl Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

My boss wanted a free employee monitoring, help~

Discussion in 'Mac Software Discussions' started by Eaczas, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Eaczas

Eaczas Technology Novice

There're 4 employees in our office and my boss is the administrator. He wants me to find some good free software by which he can monitor employees activities and also prevent them some actions or tasks. I've asked at yahoo and people recommended mac keylogger as employee monitoring software, sounds good but it is not free, do you guys have any experience of using this kind of software, who can recommend a free one functions like that? Any reply will be appriciated. Personally, I don't agree monitoring employees, but like I said, it is boss!:(
    Oh, PS, we use mac in office

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Writer, editor, talk show host
    Home Page:
  3. Eaczas

Eaczas Technology Novice

Sorry Gene Steinberg. I will try other luck. Thank you for minding me this!

4. mailcom

mailcom Technology Novice

Actually no free software out there,but some software will provide three months to free trial. If you think it's good,you can buy,if you don't like it,you may change another one.I know this employee monitoring software is good.you may try

5. Doom67

Doom67 Technology Novice

Hi,you can try to use ActyMac DutyWatch.It’s tool for computer monitoring.I use it’s tool record all website visited my employees,every keystroke

6. Calvin Watson

Calvin Watson Technology Novice

Hello, I have good news for you and your boss: there is a FREE software called the 'My Team Monitor' which you can learn about and get for free at My Team Monitor - Employee Monitoring Software. This software monitors the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks, the times the employee was idle and active, and it also sends screenshots of the employee's computer screen to the employer at regular intervals. I've been using it, and all this data it records for the employer is sufficient to keep the employees under total surveillance during their work-hours. If your boss wants to do this in secret, this software has a 'stealth version', as well, which has to be installed onto the company's computers by the administrator, and it will send the same data to the employer's interface, but the staff member using the computer won't be aware the software's presence.

7. infoshri

infoshri Technology Novice

Quality remote support / employee monitoring software’s can never be free though. You can consider having on premise remote support appliance installed such as RHUB remote support appliances, in order to monitor employee’s desktops.