1. A PREMIUM TECH NIGHT OWL LIVE EXPERIENCE! Welcome to Tech Night Owl+! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Tech Night Owl LIVE and other exclusive content. We now offer a direct RSS feed in The Tech Night Owl+ forums for easy updating of the latest episodes. And don't miss The Tech Night Own Minute! Forum members can subscribe now: https://www.technightowl.com/radio/introducing-tech-night-owl/

Subscribe to The Tech Night Owl Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

The Blending of Two Worlds

Discussion in 'The Mac Versus PC Forum' started by Sandanfire, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Sandanfire

Sandanfire Technology Fan

I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere on the forums, if so, I apologize, but what is hands-down the best emulator to run Windows-based applications on Mac Snow Leopard? My work is looking to deploy some Mac's in our environment for iPod app. dev. and I've been tasked with the project. This is one of the more critical components I want to get right.

Thoughts?

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Writer, editor, talk show host
    Home Page:
    There are two high-grade virtual machine products that let you run Windows: Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion. As you can see from the reviews, the products leapfrog each other regularly when it comes to features and performance tweaks. Both get the job done in quite a respectable fashion.

I would avoid, however, the free VirtualBox. Its performance ratio just doesn't rate.

3. Sandanfire

Sandanfire Technology Fan

Awesome. Thanks Gene. I will diligently research these apps. We use some VM's in our environment already.

Thanks again.