1. A PREMIUM TECH NIGHT OWL LIVE EXPERIENCE! Welcome to Tech Night Owl+! For a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Tech Night Owl LIVE and other exclusive content. We now offer a direct RSS feed in The Tech Night Owl+ forums for easy updating of the latest episodes. And don't miss The Tech Night Own Minute! Forum members can subscribe now: https://www.technightowl.com/radio/introducing-tech-night-owl/

Subscribe to The Tech Night Owl Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Debate!

Discussion in 'The Mac Versus PC Forum' started by Gene Steinberg, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Writer, editor, talk show host
    Home Page:
    While I'm sure most of you probably don't care, it's quite true that putting a Mac and PC user in the same room can generate more arguments than putting a Democrat and a Republican in the same location.

So why should one's choice of computer operating system matter? As a matter of fact, most of the time you don't have a choice. You have to use what they give you at the office, assuming you don't own that office, of course.

2. lnxcode

lnxcode Technology Fan

Windows Rocks... to a point... I guess one can say... then Linux Rocks... and then Apple...

However, for home / graphic use Apple rocks... for a fast paced environment Windows is good as it as a wide set of programs that work with it.

3. satcomer

satcomer Technology Fan

Exactly the way I feel. Thanks for mentioning this.

4. Jose Collado

Jose Collado Guest

To be brutally honest...I choose to use MacOS because the print/design industry is heavily Apple dominated but I also use PCs as RIPs for high end large format digital printing.

From experience, I use the OS that does the specific job better. I use PCs for the RIPs because the software seems to be generally PC based and the RIP software on Mac was always a little limited. I needed full control of the color profiles etc.

I always tell people to use the tools that help do the job...PC or Mac.

I was lucky enough to work generally with Macs but when I worked as a Systems Manager for a large printing company I enforced the use of PCs in some of the production areas. Artist had Macs for their desktop with a PC sitting right beside it. All artwo9rk on the mac and all production on the PC.
    I still use my SGI indy as a RIP at home! Ooops...did I start another argument? ;)